Feb 23, 2019

Love is ...

Dear Friends,
Last weekend I was in Columbus, Ohio, for a bridal shower for Casey, the fiancé of my nephew Nick.  
I wrote this poem for Casey and made it into an accordion book.  Welcome into our family, Casey!

Love is a kite
that flies the wild wind
with a string you can barely hold onto

Love is a seed
that grows silent and slow
then suddenly bursts into blossom

Love is a look
that nobody sees
except the one it was meant for

Love is a night
when you cry in your sleep
then you turn and his arms gently hold you

Love is two hearts
tangled aloft
claiming a piece of the sky

Love,
k













3 comments:

livelymonkey said...

Oooohhhhhh. Such a lovely gift . 😍


Mona

Kathleen said...

Thank you, Mona!

Lesley Valdes said...

This is so special a gift - loving, lovely, Kathleen,
PS I love your kitchen, too!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.