Dec 6, 2018

Dark tree

Written last night:
Dear Friends,
Black tree today: #2 Santa would not approve!

Maybe the tree is dark because I ran into some dismal things today: before 7 this morning Zing and I encountered a depressed friend. The holidays bring her down. Zing! cheered her as well as he could. Later, on my way out, a man who lives here asked if I noticed anything missing from the lobby. Of course, I didn’t. I always fail such tests. “The two white chairs!” he said, almost gleefully. “Stolen!”

And then, on our last walk tonight, Zing and I passed a homeless man shielded behind his brimming grocery cart, trying to wash his feet in the fountain next door. I was surprised when Zing growled at him, and glad too, that Zing recognizes an intruder. I looked away and hurried past, to give the man a little bit of privacy. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.