May 11, 2018

Honoring scientists

Dear Friends,
This is California State Scientist Jim McCall. Yesterday morning he introduced himself to me and Zing! at a CA State Scientist Day the Capitol. He said his job is to track the source of oil spills. (“What does a business say first when there’s an oil spill?” he asked. “It wasn’t us!”) 
We started talking when I asked Mr. McCall about that creature in the bottom photo. "Is it a bird, or a collection of trash?"
“Trash,” Mr. McCall said.
Scientists like Mr. McCall were swarming around the Capitol; students were getting off buses, lining up to learn about bees and water and what happens to a gold mine when it’s closed. Zing and I are thrilled to be in a state that honors science.




This trash creature puts a "face" on the problem of pollution

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.