Nov 18, 2013

Praline cookies






I made a cake for C to serve his football friends. "Oh, this is good!" he said, "and it's really small.  Let's eat it ourselves." So I made some cookies with fresh pecans from the farmers' market for the football guys. "Mmmm..." C said. "These are even better. Do I have to share?"








Praline cookies
(This recipe is an old one I cut from some newspaper. I can't say more.)

1/2 C. butter
1 1/2 C. brown sugar. (I used part light/ part dark because I ran out of light brown. I think the dark made the cookies both crisp and chewy, so I'm going to do this combo again. It is about 2:1 :: light:dark)
1 egg
1 1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. chopped toasted pecans

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter, sugar, and egg.
Stir in flour, vanilla, and pecans.
Mix well.
Shape into balls.  Place on parchment-covered cookie sheet.

Flatten to about 1/8 inch.
Bake 10-12 min. (I baked at least 5 extra minutes.), or until brown.
Makes 3 dozen.





No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.