May 21, 2013

Studio Art Quilt Associates Florida Met Saturday

Jennifer and I drove to Melbourne Saturday for an afternoon with other Florida members of Studio Art Quilt Associates. Events were at the Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts at Florida Institute of Technology, where there is a show of selections from Masters: Art Quilts 2. Martha Sielman, curator of the show, gave a one-hour tour, highlighting every other quilt on the wall. (It would have taken two hours to cover all of them, she said.) Some things (trends?) I liked were: silk and fewer layers (two -- or even one), and texture. incorporating twigs. There was lots more. You can see everything in the Masters 2 book from Lark Crafts. I wish I had counted the people and also the quilts -- but I didn't. The show closes Aug. 24. 
  • Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts
    at Florida Institute of Technology
    150 W. University Blvd. , Melbourne , FL , 32901
  • :
    321-674-8313 (Phone)


Viewing A Scorching Sun by Reiko Naganuma of Japan
85 1/4" x 65 1/4"
Jennifer Bailey, SAQA Florida Pod 1 representative
Marianne R. Williamson of Miami
showing one of her Impressionistic, intensely-stitched quilts
We wrapped up with dinner
 at Bonefish Willy's











No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.