Oct 6, 2012

Shortbread Cookies


Just one? Ha! Impossible.

I made these this morning for C's football friends. I've had the recipe forever. They are rich and delicious. If you eat them right out of the oven (how would I know?), the powdered sugar is hot and liquid.

Shortbread

Mix:
1 C. butter
3/4 C. sugar

Add:
2 C. flour
1/2 t. salt
2 t. vanilla

Spread on ungreased cookie sheet, 1/4" - 1/2" thick. Sprinkle with plenty of powdered sugar (no need to sift it through a strainer, just glop it on. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes -- maybe less, if you've spread them thin. They get a little browned. C and I like them quite brown, but I think traditionally they are less well-done. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar, as soon as they come out of the oven. Then quickly cut them into diamonds, using a pizza cutter. Cool and then remove from pan.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.