Aug 27, 2012

Mustard-roasted snapper



We had friends for dinner Saturday, and it was fun and delicious: snapper with a mustard sauce, rice, peas, salad (with homemade garlic croutons), and Mom's peach pie. Which was almost a disaster because the peaches were mealy and tasteless (due to refrigeration at the store, gardening friends say). I'd already made and blind-baked the crust, and had the topping ready. Taste buds primed, I improvised with half Publix frozen peaches and half fresh raspberries. This peach melba combination is irresistible.

Mary gave me Ina Garten's Back to Basics, where I found this recipe:

Ina Garten's Mustard-roasted fish

I'll write it here too, the way I made it for six:

Take 2 pounds of snapper fillet and cut into six fillets. You can leave the skin on or not.
Cut a parchment circle to fit the bottom of a large casserole dish.
Place the fish, skin side down, on the parchment. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mix 16 ounces creme fraiche, 6 T. Dijon mustard, 2 T. whole-grain mustard, 1/4 C. minced shallots, and 4 t. drained capers. (I think I used more.)
Pour it on top of the fish. This makes more sauce than Ina's recipe, but I did it because that's how much creme fraiche I had. The sauce is delicious.
Bake at 425° until the thickest part of the fish flakes. It took 15 minutes.


2 comments:

donna said...

thank you for sharing your recipe~it WAS INDEED fabulously delicious! and i managed to score the leftover home-made croutons as i was on my way out the door at the end of the night! which i had with my coffee for breakfast, cuz i couldn't WAIT til salad time! you are a Cool Chick, miss Kathleen, and you make me want to DO stuff with fabric and food! you are inspirational to me! thanks!

Kathleen said...

Sweet!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.