Jan 11, 2011

Bean & chard soup + more

Patrice gave me Rancho Gordo Yellow Indian Woman beans for Christmas. This is a compliment; she shared her find with me. "They're delicious," she said, and rolled her eyes. Yesterday I cooked them & this morning I made Smitten Kitchen's Chard & White Bean Stew. Teresa sent me the recipe. It's dinner tonight -- and maybe tomorrow too.* I'll serve it on grilled ciabatta, as recommended, but not sure about that poached egg on top ...

The beans ARE special. They keep their bean-y shape & taste full as well. Pretty color too. Thanks, Patrice!

*(written the next morning) It was delicious. Next time I'll serve bread on the side, if at all. Satisfying as is.

And I froze 2 cups of leftover beans. Drain & spread on rimmed cookie sheet & freeze five minutes. Roll them into a freezer bag & use for dip or another soup soon. That's what it advises on this site. Better than pushing them to the back of the refrigerator. How many beans can you eat in a week anyway? (Don't answer that!)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.