Nov 15, 2010

Volcano vision


Top* is where I am, bottom is where I was Saturday, at the end of a fabric + collage workshop with Maya Schonenberger. The idea is to collage a landscape. When I got home, I wanted to change what I'd done. So I closed the door, put on Hawai'ian music, and ...

1. First you make a base. Mine is burlap, cotton, felt, silk, packing material, magazine pages, & a little paint. Saturday I had a violet sky. Now it's black.
2. Glue all those pieces onto (19" x 19") plain white cotton.
3. Next, stitch it down.
4. Then layer with lava, smoke & fire.

I feel like a little god, making things.

*The pink is my tablecloth.

2 comments:

P.D. Crumbaker said...

Good progress. I like the way this is coming together.

pdc
http://www.jumpstarts.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

It changed when I got home. Last night I sewed these pieces down, with some puckering. Maya said puckers are good. Now to add the fun stuff!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.