Apr 26, 2007

why blog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE

The above is a web site about new ways we communicate. I can't yet figure out how to make a link in this blog. But you can copy the URL yourself.

And below is my old email to Africa Price, managing editor of Tallahassee Democrat. She asked if I want to blog and be connected to the paper's site. I thought about it and this is what I decided. But slowly now I am making a blog anyway. The reason is to connect with my friends and family. It seems easier than learning to create a web site on my mac. So I have the Democrat to thank for getting me thinking about blogging. Now, I have to learn how to create a link!
Just thinking … Kathleen

----------
From: Kathleen Turner
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2007 12:49 PM
To: Price, Africa
Subject: Re: blog

Dear Ms. Price,
Ever since this email exchange, I have been reading and talking about blogs blogs blogs and articles about blogging and the media. I wanted to blog because I wanted to be part of The Democrat's strong community stance, which I admire. But right now I can't see a place for myself in the blogosphere because:
1. I want to be paid.
2. I am a generalist and I think the best blogs have a constant distinct focus.
3. Legal and professional guidelines are blurred for bloggers.
4. A good blog would be a major time investment.
5. I love paper and ink.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.